Friday, May 30, 2008

Paris France - Monte Martre (May 22-25, 2008)

This was the highlight for me. Best place of all from my perspective. It was the old town, a few feet down the mountain from Mont Martre. This is the place of some of the famous painters in history. I absolutely loved this little town.

How much more French can you get.
Maybe I'll take a couple of these home for my nieces. Just kidding!
Nice guys though.



We did stop to look at A LOT of art along the way to Mont Martre.
We bought one painting on canvas to take home.

Stopped here for lunch after a long morning of walking up the mountain.

Our waiter wanted to be in the picture too. He's behind me.


This is definitely the BEST artist on the block.
We checked them all out, and he got both of our gold stars!


Everything is really pretty up here. Check out the wall entrance to a shop / gallery.

The restaurants / pubs are all decorated really nice too.

This was another pretty street to walk through.
I met the cooks in the restaurant to the left while Andrew was taking the picture.
They didn't believe that I was from USA!!!

The artists at work along the streets en route to Mont Martre.

Now he knew how to play that instrument. He was fantastic!

Still en route to Mont Martre. Lots of walking that's for sure.

No comments: